¡Presente! Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in ¡Presente! Before you apply, please read the full project description and program requirements. Applicants are expected to participate throughout the project’s three-semester duration beginning Fall 2017. By the fall of 2018, faculty will have courses linked in a cluster of three: First Year Seminar, Social Science, and Humanities. BCC full-time faculty members may apply.
A completed application includes:
- A cover sheet that includes: full name, contact information, title, and department.
- A CV of no more than two pages.
- A completed essay of no more than 2 pages that explains:
• your interest in participating in the Presente program;
• a brief statement about your teaching philosophy;
• how the program will impact your humanities teaching; and
• a brief description of the course(s) you hope to infuse with Latino history and culture.
- Suggested syllabus that you are proposing to teach as part of the Presente program.
- Letter of support from department chair with commitment to support program requirements.
Applications should be emailed to PresenteBCC@gmail.com by Monday, March 27, 2017.
For questions, please contact any of the co-directors:Peter Kolozi
Peter.Kolozi@bcc.cuny.edu Brandi Rima
718.289.5100 ext. 3632
Brandi.Rima@bcc.cuny.edu Crystal Rodriguez
718.289.5100 ext. 3533
In partnership with the American Social History Project/Center for Media and Learning.